LTC CLASS SCHEDULE
LTC Class INFO
Sign up & complete a scheduled LTC course, or if you wish to make arrangements for a private class taught at your home or business, please contact us. 830-302-8456
Mandatory Course Topics
There are four (4) required topics: Use of Force, Non-Violent Dispute Resolution, Handgun Use, and Safe and Proper Storage of Handguns and Ammunition. We’ll also cover the necessary Penal and Government Codes (the laws) and discuss where you can and can’t carry, the laws of open carry, campus carry, trespassers and much more.
You’ll take a written test at the end of the classroom portion that consists of 25 multiple choice and true/false questions. A score of 70% is required to pass the classroom portion of course.
- It is required that each applicant qualify in a 50 round course of fire scoring a 70% or better to pass the range portion of the class. You’ll fire 20 rounds from 3 yards, 20 rounds from 7 yards and 10 rounds at 15 yards from the target.
- The target is a B-27 Silhouette target 24″W X 45″H
- A revolver or semi-automatic pistol is required for qualification. It does not need to be the handgun you’re going to carry. There is no caliber restriction.
- A military Range Qualification Record is acceptable, however, it must be dated within 10 years from date of your application for a LTC.
Course Completion Certificate
Once you have completed the required required coursework you’ll be awarded a LTC-100 Certificate of Training to be sent to TXDPS for processing. You have one year from the date that you start the application process online to complete your fingerprint appointment and submit your LTC-100 Certificate of Training and any other supporting documents you may be required to submit. Your LTC-100 Certificate of Training is valid for two years after your LTC class.
Required for this class
- TX drivers license, TX ID or out of state drivers license
- Handgun (Revolver or Semi-automatic) Don’t buy a handgun for the class, borrow one if you can. Most people that buy a handgun for the class experience buyer’s remorse. You’ll learn a lot about handguns and shooting. Use that knowledge to purchase the correct handgun after the course.
- 50 rounds of ammunition (factory ammo only, no reloaded ammo please)
- Hearing protection, eye protection and headgear (hat or cap)
- Closed toe shoes and water to drink.